LENTIL & QUINOA SOUP
• 1 cup brown/ green lentils
• 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
• 1 large red onion (or 2 small) finely chopped
• Half cup red or white quinoa
• Large pinch of celery salt
• 2 1/2 cups Vegetable stock mixed with boiling water (I use Marigold Bouillion)
On the hob
• Put the onion, garlic, lentils, quinoa and celery salt in the slow cooker and add the vegetable stock until all the dry ingredients are covered by about 2 inches of stock- add more water if needed.
• After 4 hours of the slow cooker on the low setting, check to see if the lentils are soft. Add more water if needed and serve.
• Add celery salt to taste.
• Put the onion and garlic in a frying pan with a little drop of oil and lightly fry until they begin to soften.
• Transfer the garlic and onion to a saucepan and add the stock, celery salt, lentils and quinoa.
• Place the lid on the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and quinoa are soft. Add more water if needed.
• Add celery salt to taste and serve