These are really quick and easy and they are super yummy! The banana and nut butter act as dairy free and egg free replacements and bind the cake mix brilliantly!
I usually prepare these muffins while I'm waiting for my coffee to brew. Then I eat them fresh out the oven after i've had my coffee!
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 3 big/ 4 smaller MUFFINS)
• 2 medium sized bananas
• 1 heaped tsp cashew butter
• 1 cup Plain flour
• A big squeeze Agave Syprup
• A big handful of Freeze dried berries
• half a tsp bicarb of soda
•Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
• Mash the bananas in a big bowl and stir in the nut butter and agave syrup (Use a small squeeze of syrup if you don’t want them too sweet and a big generous squeeze if you have a sweet tooth like me!) Remember- you will get the sweetness from the bananas too.
• Begin by folding in about half a cup of flour and mix. Keep adding more flour until you reach a good cake mix consistency. Try the spoon test- Lift a spoon of mix out of the bowl and hold the spoon sideways- you want the mix to largely stick to the spoon when you lift it, but slowly blob back in to the bowl! If it runs off the spoon, add more flour. Just a little at a time, you can always add more, but you can’t take it out once it’s in!
• Next stir in the bicarb of soda and then fold in the blueberries or raspberries.
• Spoon the mix in to cases in your muffin or cake tray and place in the oven. Check on them after 10 minutes and they should be ready in about 15 or 20 minutes. To check they are done, gently place a knife in to the top of the muffin and pull it out, if the knife is relatively dry, they are good to go! If the knife comes out with lots of wet cake mix on, put them back in the oven for 5 minutes.
• Allow them to cool a little for 5 or 10 minutes and enjoy them warm.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT REKINDLE BY LISA