This is a lovely, fresh, nutritious and filling meal that can be eaten as lunch or dinner! One of my little, end of food shop experiments!
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
FOR THE PATTIES
FOR THE BEETROOT CRISPS
• 4 Beetroot bulbs, peeled and thinly sliced (About 2 mm in thickness- any thinner and they will turn to charcoal!)
• pinch of salt
• Glug of cooking oil
• 2 pittas
• Avocado (sliced)
• Begin with the beetroot. Put the sliced pieces on a baking tray with a glug of oil and sprinkle with salt. Put them in the oven on a medium heat (check in on them every 5 minutes)
• Pierce holes in your potato and place in the microwave for 10 minutes.
• After 10 minutes, check the potato- if it isn’t soft through, put it back in for a further 5 minutes or however long you think it may need cook through.
• When the potato is ready and left for a few minutes to cool, cut it in half and scoop out the fleshy middle in to a large bowl
• Mash the potato and stir in the chipotle paste, soy sauce, garlic granules, spring onions and coriander. Then add in the flour and Panko breadcrumbs and stir in to a sticky mixture!
• Pick the mixture and mould in to 4 small patties (add extra flour if it is too sticky to mould in to patties) Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and coat the outside of the patties in a little of the flour.
• Pour a glug of oil in a frying pan and turn the heat on. When the oil has spread around the pan, place your patties in the pan. Cook for a few minutes or until the edges are golden, frequently moving them to stop them sticking and turning them over after a minute or two to cook evenly on both sides.
• At this point, take your beetroot out of the oven. They will
hopefully be crispy but not burnt!
• Lightly warm your pitta pockets, line them with hummus and avocado slices and then place two of the patties in the pocket.
• Serve with your beetroot crisps and enjoy!
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT REKINDLE BY LISA?